UK Immigration (Work Visas assistance)

Professional Supports is partnering with Skill CLear,UK
Leading ways to work in the UK

Get a UK work permit without needing a UK employer to sponsor you!

We have searched far and wide for partners that look after their clients, do not charge excessive amounts of money and are regulated by the OISC, well now we have found them in SkillClear.

Remove all barriers to working in the UK
Try the online Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP) Points Calculator from our partners at SkillClear and see if you qualify! You can also receive a free assessment of your case by a Registered Specialist HSMP Consultant.

The Highly Skilled Migrant Programme has been very successful since itís launch on 28th Jan 2002.

The points based scheme allows you to qualify for HSMP based on your qualifications, work experience and achievements in a particular field. The programme was designed to encourage the entry of people to the UK to seek employment who are probably already earning a high salary and are very successful in their home country.

Any individual can apply; depending on your circumstances where you may apply from will vary. Applications made in the UK will be scored against the HSMP criteria but whether leave to remain is granted will also be determined by your current immigration status. Applications for those resident overseas no longer need to be made in the first instance via a British embassy or consulate overseas. We can make these applications directly in the UK.

How you can qualify under the programme
To make a successful application you will need to provide evidence that you score sufficient points in the categories and demonstrate that you will be able to continue your career in the United Kingdom. Please note that you do not have to score points in all categories to qualify under the programme as long as you score at the minimum points total required.

If you think you may qualify visit the HSMP calculator for a quick initial assessment, a free service which will ask a few basic questions for a simple way to assess your score. SkillClear will let you know if you qualify for the programme and see if you would like to apply. Easy.

If you are based outside the UK, your payment will be required in advance, if you are in the UK, half the fee as deposit and half upon success.

If you do not qualify under the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme, there are other options available to you:If you are a Commonwealth citizen between the ages of 17 and 30 then you may qualify for a Working Holiday Visa. With recent changes to legislation you will now be able to work full time with the Working Holiday Visa without need to find an employer first. Find out more about the
Working Holiday Visa.If you have a job offer from a UK company which wants to employ you in a role for which it can not find an EU national, you may be able to get an employer sponsored work permit. Further Information for Employees.

Working in the UK
(in association with our partners at

Who can and who can't work and live in the UK?
Permanent Residents of the UK and British and European Nationals [EEA] do not need to apply for the right to work in the UK. Mostly all others will need to ensure that they have this right to work, study or live in the UK and there are many ways in which this can be achieved. The key issue for you is that you know your status and can obtain this right as quickly and certainly as possible.

The most common way to obtain this right to work is by obtaining one of the many types of work permit or permit free employment available. These include permits for those who have been offered a job ; for those who have not had such an offer but are of a highly skilled and experienced nature ; those who are British Commonwealth citizens under 31 years old ; those working as Ministers of Religion, for International Press, as Postgraduate Doctors or Dentists, Overseas Governments and many more.

There are many other ways to enable you to legally live and work in the UK including those who have UK or EU partners, those who may have British or Irish Ancestry and others.

It is a common fact that too many opportunities are lost due to lack of awareness of your options.

Employers and Recruiters miss out on ther people they need and Candidates miss out on their ideal job because of lack of information and help. It is also a fact that these opportunities are sometimes avoided because it is felt that too much extra work and admin is required to make it happen. Actually, all it takes is an email or a phone call to give you an idea about such matters and after that, there is either little or no extra work. That is what our partners at SkillClear do for you.

General Information for UK Immigration, Work Permits and Visas.
Work permit schemes were originally designed to ensure that non-EEA nationals did not compete with the resident labour force. However, in today's market, with relatively low unemployment, the Government is more focused on working with British Industry to make it stronger, especially in areas that demand skills that are officially considered to be in short supply - notably IT, telecommunications, engineering, teaching and medicine. Even so, foreign candidates must show themselves to be ideal for a position that has proved difficult to fill with local workers. In areas of occupation shortages, advertising is not required, nor
is it required for board level roles, transfers from your overseas company to the UK, those with previous work permits in the same field and those that are coming with investment. In addition, the new Sectors Based Scheme allows lesser skilled people obtain a work permit such as in the Hospitality Industry (Chefs, Waiters etc) and the Meat Packing Industry. This is a quota based scheme renewed annually.

Only an employer can apply for a work permit. It remains specific to one role and does not cover a transfer to another position within the company or a move to another although doing this can be easier if required. There are many routes of entry if you work as a contractor or want to work as a business visitor, on an advisory or consulting basis.

Permit Free Employment is another very useful way to enter the UK to work - it still requires providing documented details of candidate and role but is relatively a more simple process. It is not a work permit as such, it is a visa that allows work in specific categories.

For Commonwealth citizens, the Working Holiday Scheme can allow a 2 years visit to the UK to work and/or holiday if you are under 31 years of age and is an ideal way to minimise some of the other permit and visa headaches that can crop up.

The Highly Skilled Migrant Programme is a great development in recent years and allows those skilled individuals to obtain a one year full work visa for the UK without the need for a job offer first. It overcomes most of the hurdles commonly encountered. For instance, a recruitment company cannot sponsor a work permit for those it wishes to place. So now, as an agency, all you need to do is obtain this HSMP visa for your best people and you can contyract them out and place them permanently WITH the right to work. For individuals, you can come to the UK to look for work. If you find it, I am sure you are used to an employer asking you if you have a work permit. Well now your answer is 'Yes'. You can take that job without your new employer needing to do anything different to taking on a UK national.

People who are married to or partners of UK nationals, residents, work permit holders or EEA nationals can also obtain the right to work on that basis.

People who have UK or Irish grandparents may also be able to obtain the right to work.

For all above categories, your family can come too if they are under 18 and dependant on you. Your parents and grandparents may also be able to accompany you depending on their particulars.

Before you make a decision that any candidate or opportnity is not for you, why not look at all of your options first. There are probably more than you think.

This is important to you. Make sure you are fully informed or a placement, a great employee or a great job may just slip past.

This information has been supplied in association with our partners at SkillClear - Immigration, Work Permit and Visa Consultants.

Click here to visit UK Immigration site.